- About Us
- Hazardous Waste
- Health Awareness
- Hazardous Materials Shipping
- Lab Safety
- Laboratory Postings
- Radiological Info
- Workers Compensation & Risk Insurance
- General Safety
- EHS Manual
- Emergency Information
Instructions for Pick-Up Requests
- This form may be used for various and multiple pick-ups from the same location.
- Request for pick-up of Biological materials must be made through the EHS office.
- Make a separate entry for each difference in state, class and container description. Example: 200g of solid potassium dichromate and 1000mL of 1M potassium dichromate solution for pick-up; make two separate entries.
- If applicable, a detailed description (components and their approximate concentrations) for all mixtures and solutions listed on the form must be made on a separate sheet(s) of paper and included with the request form.
- Good estimates of quantities within the waste containers must be reported. Do not report the container capacity as the quantity of material for pick-up unless the container is full.
- When filling out this form, use accepted abbreviations and symbols or those detailed below. Use the space provided at the bottom of the form ('Explanation or comments') for explanation of additional abbreviations and symbols used. Definitions for all abbreviations and symbols must be included.
- Complete forms must be sent to: Environmental Health and Safety, Campus Support Facility, Room 108 or faxed to 573-341-6077. You may also obtain the form by clicking here: HazWaste pick-up form
- Pick-ups will be scheduled as soon as possible after correctly completed forms have been received and processed.
- For help completing this form contact EHS:
Environmental Health & Safety, 108 Campus Support Facility, 573-341-4305
|State-Prefixes||Abbrev||Container Material||Abbrev||Container Type||Abbrev|
|Pure (single component)||P||Cardboard||CB||Aerosol||aero|
|State-Suffixes||Abbrev||Paper||Pa||Box or Crate||bx/cr|
|Liquid w/ dissolved gas(es)*||LG||Wood||W||Can (<= 5 gal)||can|
|Liquid w/ solid(s)||LS||Measure||Abbrev||Carton||crtn|
|Used Chemical or Residue||UCR||liter(s)||L||Drum (> 5 gal)||drum|
|Contaminated Solid Refuse||CSR||micrograms||mg||Flask||flask|
|Old or Outdated Chemical||OOC||milliliters||mL||Jar||jar|
|*gases other than those found in air:||Jug||jug|
|O2, N2, CO2, the noble gases||Lecture Bottle||Lb|